I always liked something like this.
Meeting Ground Rules
- Respect Your Colleagues!
- It’s ok to disagree, respectfully and openly. Silence is consensus, please speak up with concerns!
- Listen as an ally and with an open mind.
- Only one person speaks at a time.
- Honor the limitations of time, speak concisely.
- If you state a problem, try to offer a solution.
- If you have a comment a bit off topic but you want addressed , write it down for a possible follow up meeting.
- Hold questions if it is a presentation, make sure presentations offer pauses for questions.
- Please put cell phones on vibrate or turn them off.
- If you must take a cell phone call, please leave the room quietly.