What types of food did we want to try? There is a place for everything.
Metarie - the original location… there is one down on the river walk, but I like the one in Metairie. Call ahead for a reservation just in case they get busy. Char Broiled oysters are their specialty.
https://mandinasrestaurant.com Turtle Soup, Oyster & Artichoke Soup
This was in my mother’s neighborhood, but it was really good.
Really nice view of the lake.
Good food, but less of a view.
Generally jackets, pants, closed two shoes. Call ahead to see if they have any particular attire requirements.
One of my favorites, requires a jacket, pants, and closed toe shoes.
- Advice - at night, or during the day, try to stay in populated areas, don’t go down dark alleys, just keep awareness of your surrounding. Don’t leave anything visible in cars. Theft is a big problem right now.
- Do a walking tour if you’re down for it, or maybe a carriage ride. Your hotel can provide you with some ideas or hit up trip advisor.
- Walking Tour of the Quarter (this is just a few landmarks, meander through the quarter): https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1g8VXw-x1SH48VSluEQHKZmSimrBMnwyl&usp=sharing
- Go see a New Orleans cemetery:
- St. Louis Cemetery No. 3 (My family is buried here.)
- Go across the canal to City Park, the park is nice to drive through. If you want to see NOMA it’s in the park.
- Greenwood Cemetery - A really big cemetery at the end of Canal St.